Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs



What is music to me? I have come across this question many a times in my life - either in an interpersonal conversation or, most of the time an intrapersonal one. But to answer this, shouldn’t I think whether, Music chose me to be a musician or did I ? Turning back the pages of pretty old a script, wasn’t it a natural bonding? I find no line with a treble clef, nor I could find any story with ‘Once upon a time’. Everything else except that image of a tiny little quirky girl with her locks plaited on both sides are blurred. 

The reason behind anything and everything till the present chapter of my life is some way or the other- MUSIC. It had been that reason, because of which I got that fluffy chalky duster’s punch during one of those Maths class in my 6th grade, the reason behind all those dolls that prettified my cupboard, the reason behind the fortune of stepping the Rashtrapathibhavan..and many many more…

What did the King Cole play with his fiddlers? What did the Pied piper play to mesmerise the whole Hamelin town? It is all a mystery till date. But they did play, a music, a melody which still echoes around us. By the same token, I can hardly revive of what I sang. But I was then, certainly an entertainer, like how the snow white sang for the 7 dwarfs. In the story book I treasure within me, I am the snow white and the 7 dwarfs are the 7 notes.

I have not seen many places. But the sound of music has taken me to Salzburg, Stockholm, Liverpool, Varanasi, Tanjore and where not. Music has been an interesting guide. I cannot ask Music, where it intends to take me. 

To all those questions I raised, to all those doubts I had and I have, Music has been the best teacher and preceptor making me realise everything I wanted well-timed. Unlikely a situation to any student , here, the teacher did the introspection I had to.

I sensed that my soulmate has been happily listening to my song, and I have been encouraged immensely to provide more and more. My motivator, My strength, My lover, ,,,how can I designate Music to anyone of this?

I think, if you ask me what is Music, I May ask you “what is not Music?”
Music makes my soul. And here I am in solitude, searching for the Soul of Music.
                                                                                              

Comments

  1. Let the search for the soul of music go on and on. ..
    And one day, take my word my dear friend, you'll be the most happiest person. ..The happiness you're never enjoyed before...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe i wonder if my question to you on World Music Day triggered this rush - this beautiful rush - of thoughts :-). I suppose it was not quite the right question, it is like asking music itself what is music to music.. :-)
    Cheerios

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful !!!!!
    U have captured the mysticism of music in ur writing ...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MALLARI

CD RELEASE FUNCTION