Its Time To Buy You Something... Mom..!!!



This Article Should Have Been Posted On The Mother's Day, But Due To Travel And Other Commitments I Am Posting It Now. ( Its Time To Get A Laptop..!!!)



If we manage to put in some time and effort we can find that each of the 365 days in the calendar year shall be special in some way or the other. Sometimes i wonder why should we select a particular day to celebrate certain things. The affection and the personal bond  which each one of us share with our mother is something unique and is certainly not something to be "celebrated" once in a year, but something to be cherished and treasured each and every moment of our life.

Then why do we have a Mother's Day? Well.. let me put this way, its simple. They have bought us anything and everything we have ever desired of. But rarely do they accept anything back from us, in my case it is so close to 'never'. This day gives me an opportunity to thrust something upon her forcefully, without being labeled as a spend-thrift. I have seen innumerable times, when i go about raiding the shop, she has always been a silent spectator. Given my nature, even if she occasionally ends up on anything attractive, i would claim its ownership the next moment, and she has given it all without a smirk.

There have been instances where i have pleaded to buy something for her, but invariably she has driven me away from her sight. I may have an excuse this time around. After all buying something for her on the Mother's Day is a ' Generally Accepted Norm and Practice '...!!!

Anyone who knows me enough, know the hardships undergone by her in bringing me up, especially when my Dad was transferred to Delhi for 3 years. I wonder how am i going to repay her for all those sleepless nights during my exams, all those breathless rushes to catch my school bus, all those days where she has literally kicked me out of my bed to the music class..( yes till some years ago, i had minimal appetite for classes.. now i running around to get one.), all those competitions ( which unfold in a painstaking sluggish manner ) which she has taken me to, all those PTA meetings where she has defended me head to toe on all counts, all those prayers.... And doing it all in the minuscule time frame she ends up in, after rendering her responsibilities at Office, is a herculean effort by itself.

'Thank You' are two words that are too formal to be uttered in such situations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MALLARI

CD RELEASE FUNCTION

Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs