The Tour I Had Been Longing For......


Finally i was able to pull it off... and in a satisfactory manner. Undoubtedly one of the most memorable tours i have ever had. A big thank you to all my friends, co-artists, organisers and well wishers for their relentless support and incessant love, affections and blessings.

The tour was  shaped up in December 2010, when I had visited Mumbai to perform for Chembai Smriti Gana Sabha. After the concert, Smt Radha Namboothiri, a batchmate of my guru, suggested my name to Shanmukhananda ( where i had  last performed in 2008 ). Ever since the deed day was fixed as the 15th of May, I had a lump in my throat which i got over only when the curtains fell at the MS Subbulakshmi Hall at 9.30pm.

If Shanmukhananda was all about the classicism and heritage, Vashi Fine Arts was characterised with adventure and frivolousness. I tried my best to include pieces which suited the moods and demands of both the occasions, which i hope yielded the desired results to a reasonable extent. I realised on that day that nothing else gives the same sense of pride than giving a fulfilling concert to a packed hall of knowledgable audience...!!! I am extremely thankful to the organisers for the media coverage and other arrangements.

If the concerts were good, the travel was better. All credits to my co-artists ( whose experience in this field and my age are the same..) Sri Viju S Anand, Sri K Jayakrishnan and Sri Vellatanjoor Sreejith who provided great support on the stage, valuable advices and a lot of hilarious moments during the journey.

Sometimes it is hard to explain the repurcussion such incidents shall have in one's outlook and confidence. Those 5 days have definitely made me aware of the my shortcomings and the responsibilities which grow bigger and bigger with each concert which i perform. Hopefully this turns out to be one of the many tours which i may have to make in this musical journey.

Looking forward to the next tour of Mumbai in January 2012.....

Nandini


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MALLARI

CD RELEASE FUNCTION

Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs