A moment that I regret...


Two years ago, a december evening, a well wisher and friend of mine gave me a call. I was on the stage, about to receive a felicitation, after winning Ragaratnam which was telecasted in Amrita TV. I couldnt answer the call and convinced myself to call him back once the function was over. After a couple of minutes, another call came from the same number. There was no way I could have attended it that moment. I took the call. Once I heard 'hello' from the other side, I conveyed to him in a brisk manner that I was on the stage and would call him back later. But as usual, by the lapse of time, i forgot the incident till he called me the next week.

After initial greetings he told me that, the 'Hello' which I heard the other day, was not his, but of someone else whom i wanted to talk to, ever since I happened to hear his Thillana in Sindhubhairavi; a person who mesmerized me with a korvai in Bhairavi and the finesse with which he elaborated a Rasaali, after listening to whom i came to the conclusion that - As Regards A Violin, There Is God, Then Their Is Lalgudi.....

But it was too late to realize that i had missed that wonderful opportunity to talk to him, after being agonizingly close. I had to wait another eight months before I made good that immense sense of loss, by visiting him at his residence in Madras.


Comments

  1. opportunities present themselves but once. u have to grab it. but luckily, u cd meet that person, though dont know who it is. better late than never.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MALLARI

CD RELEASE FUNCTION

Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs